Singer • Songwriter • Music Minister
Published Singer/Songwriter & Music Minister, Jamie began serving in the Cathollic Church at the age of 10. Currently, he is a Music Director at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Metairie, LA. Easter Sunday 2017, marks his 27th year there! He also serves weekly at several other local parishes and organizations including CCRNO’s weekly charismatic prayer meeting and Mass at St. Benilde, Monthly Peace Mass at St. Rita’s, and directs the Monthly Contemporary Eucharistic Adoration at St. Francis Xavier. Jamie has spent many years playing for the Southern Regional Catholic Charismatic Conference in New Orleans. Other events include:
- Music leader for the Life In The Spirit Seminar for the Catholic Charismatic Renewal of Lafayette
- Joined the music ministry for the Intercessors of the Lamb Conference in Omaha, NE., on Mandolin and Vocals.
- Music leader for the CCRNO 5-piece Worship Band Tongues A’Fire
- Music leader for CCRNO’s “Fresh Fire” Day of Refreshment lead by Patti & Al Mansfield, with Deacon Larry Oney (past 2 years)
- Music leader for CCRNO’s Men & Women’s Retreat lead by Patti & Al Mansfield, with national guest speakers (past 2 years)
- Played acoustic and electric guitars, and sang for World Youth Day in New Orleans for the past 6 years (house band)
- Music leader for the Life In The Spirit Seminar for the Seminarians at Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans lead by Patti & Al Mansfield, and Deacon Larry Oney (past 2 years)
- Joined music ministry for a 4 day Life In The Spirit Mission St. Mary of the Springs Catholic Church in Hot Springs, AR lead by Deacon Larry Oney
- Sound Engineer for the CCRNO January Teen Retreat in New Orleans
- Sound Engineer for the CCRNO Women’s Retreat in Lafayette, LA
In 2006, Jamie accepted the position as Manager, Agent, Tour Manager, Web Master, Guitarist and Mandolin player for a Nashville Multi #1 Hit Songwriter which included tours in the United States and United Kingdom. While working on the inside circle of the Nashville country music scene, Jamie thought he was in the right place. But the Lord had other plans. Instead, Jamie was being called to write and record music for His church! So the journey began, and he has never looked back or regretted leaving the job in Nashville. From mid 2001 - 2006, Jamie became the Nashville Songwriter’s Association International coordinator for New Orleans which includes teaching monthly songwriter workshops in the Music Department at Loyola University, New Orleans.